Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Inspirations comes from Allah swt. It is HE who gives and takes whatever that HE thinks is fit for us. Maybe, those inspirations flew off because they were not good enough to be written. Allahu Wa'lam

Yesterday morning, I was listening to some Quranic Recital of Juz Amma. The Quranic verses sounds so gentle, so soothing to the ears...and yet when translated, the message is so strong, so meaningful. Allah swt words are so gentle...warnings, reminders are given is such gentle ways to us humans. It suddenly triggered a whole list of questions which I asked myself...

Why is it that we humans are usually so harsh when we reprimand or warn someone?

Why are humans so less forgiving when Allah swt is always ready to forgive us should we ask for it until our last breath?

Why are humans so insecured about how other people think of them and yet, not insecured about what Allah think?

Why are humans so ashamed or embrassed of one another and yet, not embarassed in front of Allah?

Why is it so important for humans to prove ourselves to other people and yet, we do not do the same to Allah?

Why are humans so afraid of NOT following their BOSSES' instructions and yet, do not follow Allah's words?

I feel ashamed that I am one of those other humans too. I am ashamed that for all that HE had given me, I have done little to be grateful. HE asked so little from me...and yet, I feel I didn't do it whole heartedly. I am ashamed that the Quranic gentle words sometimes goes to deaf ear as the heart pines for other forms of music like pop songs. I am ashamed that at times I put some earthly tasks first before salat. I am ashamed that simple tasks like wudhu is at times, taken with haste.

The earthly temptation is so great that I forget. I forget who is my MAIN PROVIDER. I forget that all the goodness that I have, can just be taken away. I, with my humanly brains, simply forget.

Oh Allah, our CREATOR, our PROVIDENCE, our PROVIDER, please plant iman deep in our hearts and make us REMEMBER you always. Ameen.

No comments: