Monday, August 02, 2004

What would you do if someone of a different religion gives you two FREE tickets to watch a play or drama on evil spirits? What would I do? Kick that fella's butt, of course! Well, unfortunately I did not get the thrill of kicking asses around here because these people are still "frightened" of me after the head-biting incidents. *evil grin*

Anyway, this did not happen to me *unfortunately*. It happens to my dear friend, who by the way is a free-thinker. She is scared out of her wits! Who wouldn't, right? This fella is an extremely staunch believer of a certain religion. He believes that he is THE GOOD guy. I guess he cannot accept the fact that some people would rather become atheist than have a religion. Living here, in a multi-religion, multi-racial society, we have to respect people's decisions especially when it comes to choosing a religion. This guy, however, thinks that he is doing the world great justice by preaching others.

Well, my poor friend got a rude shock when he slowly came up to her....*try to imagine a character somewhere in between Mr Bean and Norman Bates from the thriller Psycho...this fella has that look* and told her about this production on evil spirits. Being a "man of god", he thought of her immediately and bought 2 tickets especially for her. He managed to drum into her that the other is also for my other friend here...who happened to be on holiday now...also a free-thinker.

My friend freaked out! At this day of age, there exists such a person who does not have any idea on the sensitivity of such things? She kept on thinking whether he is actually implying that she is evil by not having a religion....What great EQ he has???? Definitely zero....nil! My friend thinks this guy is cookoo...wacko...half-past six...basically crazy! Don't you think so too?

No comments: