Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The last few days have been work, work and MORE work. Endless meetings since last friday and monday. A lunch break with dear friends was THE saving grace. I am one of those people who take a very long time to warm with others. In some of the friendships that I have, it took years and years for me to finally open up. Basically, I am an ultra private, reserved person.

However, the web and I have an intimate relationship. The rationale is that if I don't see you, I can IMAGINE what I really want to be. Many, many times, what you read here is NOT what you get. I can say the frankest thing here on my blog and give you a piece of my mind, straight to the point....but in person, I may be a totally different person, UNLESS I know that person rather well. So I am definitely not the type of person who would approach someone, in a social setting, just to start a conversation and get acquainted with a stranger. I can do that on the NET, no problem. BUT in person, with many others around, I am as awkward as an UGLY duckling.

Fortunately for me, I have met with people who embraced me so quickly with their warmth and friendship, with true sincerity....no strings attached. These are the people I met over the NET. I am truely grateful for creation of the INTERNET because I have made many friends from being in e-groups, forums and blogging.

The special thing about friends over the NET is that there are times we feel more comfortable addressing each other by our NICKS instead of our true name. Some people don't like it, but weird as it may sound, I love it. It gives me a sense of mystery, a code that we have between us that others outside the group do not know. Another amazing things about friendship on the NET is that we can chat for ages online, SMS and strings of e-mails, without having to meet. And what we meet, the MAGIC emerges....like a bunny out of the hat, filled with surprises and you feel that you have known the person for years.

I love the friends that I meet here, in this special place called the INTERNET. You will always have a special place in my heart. Some I have met and some I have yet to meet....some younger than me and some older. I have learnt a lot from all of you - I will always take a piece from each one of you throughout my life. There are so many of you, I don't want to list them down...afraid I may miss anyone. And to miss just one name is a significant loss to me. SO CHEERS MY FRIENDS! Have a good day ahead! 8)

No comments: