Friday, May 06, 2005

PAIN IN THE.....

I am supposed to be in bed now, resting....under Doctor's order. I am given MC from work, driving, carrying heavy stuffs and this may sound weird - breastfeeding. Yes, you saw it right. Mr Doc said I should not breastfeed because the act of it would aggrevate my condition. So what is this peculiar illness that had befell me...neck sprain. I sprained some muscles in my neck so I can only look one direction - in front. A cynical part of me, rather the over-imaginative part of me, think this is a curse from the politically correct people that I was talking about yesterday.

And all it started was with a minor strain that I felt on Tuesday morning - it has been that long. My threshold of pain is quite high, to some people. Their rationale is that if one can deliver babies without pain killers than one MUST have a high threshold of pain. I didn't know how the sprain came about. According to Mr Doc, I must have stretched it in order to relief the pain - instead the act backfired and caused a major sprain.

When you are in a clinic and see the Doc's face change from smily to concerned, you know the diagnosis is not good. And then if he said that you should have come sooner...you know it is quite bad. So it's a personal misjudgement of myself. I thought that my body is still young and it will, on its own recover without medical intervention. A body of 33 years is definitely not young and not as quick to repair wounds as before. I think that is a fact that I have to swallow bitterly.

I have come to accept, as of today... I do need medical intervention. So I have to get used to taking painkillers. Otherwise, I would be incapable to typing this, driving the children to school today and doing the things that I normally do.

No comments: