Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I am not sure whether hate is a strong enough word to use on a person who violates your trust. It is a totally indispicable act to try and lie his way out of the situation to make something wrong looked so decently right. I am talking about my out-of-the-boot insurance agent who conned me into believing that my whole family was covered by a hospitalisation plan, when in actual fact we were not. I have lost faith in insurance agents.

I went into real estate because I lost faith in real estate agents. And now, Maybe I have to go into insurance because my trust in them has gone to ground zero. I discovered that I was conned yesterday. It is in my line of work to dig out things like this and never, never would I have imagined that it can happen to me.

This is a lesson and a lesson that I wish to share with all of you. I do not wish to make all insurance agent look bad but this personal experience is worth the sharing. I just want my money back. That's all. I don't give a SHIT to what happen to him or his business.

Last year, sometime in March before I gave birth, I bought a hospitalisation plan for my 3 children and myself. I like to be covered so as to minimise my medical expenses in the future. I paid him about $800. Last year, I went through a difficult period in my life where other more pertinent issues took my attention and I totally forgot about the fact that I did not receive the policy, neither did I receive any receipt for the payment made.

As usual, I made an ASS out of myself by assuming that my 'trust-worthy' insurance agent had earnestly and sincerely taken care of my affairs. This year, once again, I called him to renew my policy. It just slipped my mind that it is usually the norm for insurance company to write to you to renew the policy. Once again, the foolish me - paid me slightly more than $900 to cover the whole family. This happened in end of March this year.

By end of last month, I was wondering why I still have not receive the receipt and policy. Every time I called him, he said "Oh Maam, don't worry everything is settled. I have handled everything for you." And stupid, foolish me always thought....what a great insurance agent I have! What a Bull shit!!

I had this uncomfortable feeling about something was not right about the whole insurance issue - so I did the thing that I should have done EARLIER. I called the insurance company. True enough my suspicious were confirmed! All my other policies are in order except the one that I felt is the most most important...my whole family was never covered for the hospitalisation policy since last year. That idiot took my money and did not even took up the policy for me!

I met him yesterday night and he tried to lie through his teeth about picking a better policy for me blah blah blah bullshit him. He thought I was stupid enough to fall for his trick again. He cheated me and expect me to give him a second chance by buying another policy through him. He must have taken me as an IDIOT. I just want my money back, I told him. He did give me the $800 I paid last year and he said he was going to transfer the $900+ to me by this afternoon. He better, otherwise, it is a police report, complain with CASE and whatever it takes to get my money back. This is a blatant case of cheating.

For all of you who read this, please remember when you pay your insurance agent, make sure it is made payable to the company. Don't be a fool like me - I trusted him so I made it payable to him. And please make sure you get a receipt from the insurance company and your policy asap. And please pray that I'll get my money back.

No comments: