Monday, July 11, 2005

I have decided that I want today to be a FANTASTIC day for me no matter what. It is a very conscious effort on my part because almost every single pathetic soul in this darn office seems to have a plot to spoil my day.

So I am morning person - well, sometimes. And for reason that is beyond human's mind, I feel like being happy this morning. I had a great night yesterday and I just want the mood to stay as it is. Unfortunately, it seems that there're people out there who are all out to make life difficult for me today. And I am glad that for the past 2 hrs and 45 mins that I have been in the office, I have resisted to become as bitchy as these people are.

I tell you, anger-management or to contain this itchy feeling to bite back is not an easy thing - for me at least. I have to restrain my anger with a leash, pull myself back and think. Yes, T.H.I.N.K about what is the best action I should take without bringing myself down to their level. And all I did was to write an e-mail for clarification, for advise on the next course of action. Nothing else. It was even a one-to one email, no carbon copy or blind copy to higher level management. I even followed up with a phone call to clarify futher. The response both on-line and off line was simply unprofessional. I hate that.

Here I am, in my best behaviour, putting on my nice lady-like voice and the other party just reciprocate in the opposite direction. I hate that. IF I had not controlled myself, not only would my boss who sits are the very end of this office can hear me scolding that B.I.T.C.H but the other departments on the same floor would to. I am venting here so I need not vent at her.

And I am NOT letting her spoil my day. Ok so I exaggerated. Not every single soul in this darn office has a plot against me. Well, when one person does this to you, it sure feels like the whole world is against you. I am NOT letting anyone...ANYONE make today a less wonderful day that I want it to be.

No comments: