Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tong Kosong (Empty Vessel)

Tong Kosong. That is what I have become today. I hope this is temporary. So for the time being, I am a Tong Kosong. (I am no more lazy, ok. Me very hardworking one). And being a Tong Kosong, I must live up to the reputation of one and make the most noise. Otherwise, the Tong Kosong society might come after me. LOL. Isn’t that hilarious? If you don’t find that funny, it is ok. Only I can understand my own joke. I have been told that I don’t even have a little funny bone in me. They say that I am quite bad at telling jokes and that I’ll laugh while telling them and can never get the punch line right. Oh well, I cannot please all the other Tong Kosong, can I?

I had planned to write an intellectual piece of entry today. I even drafted it in my un-kosong brain yesterday but unfortunately, the brain kosong-ed its content when I was in slumber land and I cannot even recall any juicy bits of that so-called intellectual piece.

As usual, I like to find the cause of my kosong-ed brains, being an investigation officer of some sort. I’ve got the evidence and can pinpoint the culprit. It is...drumrolls, please, THE BED! The bed that is supposed to fit in 2 adults but it broke that cardinal rule and instead, it had allowed 2 little ones to creep into the empty spaces. I want to sack this bed! How can you over-accommodate? Even a ship can overturn when it takes it more that the ‘legal’ capacity? Maybe I should sue? I think I have a case.

Already one of the adult is turning into an elephant and with 2 more fugitives onboard….there isn’t any ample space to move about. Last week, I had stiff neck. Last night, I could not sleep because I was abused endlessly by….by…a 2 year old. I was kicked to the edge of the bed. She must have thought I was a Swiper, the Sly Fox from Dora or Robby from Lazy Town. After for the kicking, she wanted milk – mummy’s milk. So poor mummy (the one turning into the elephant!) not only had to endure being kicked but also the pulling and biting at other parts of her body as well. This can be considered abuse, right?

And on top of that, we have the creeper who prefers to creep into our bed and sleep at our feet every day. She said that her room had eyes looking at her like the ones in Private of Caribbean Part 2 (ok, I am bad at remembering titles. It is the one that had giant octopus.) When she was younger, this “clinger” (because she can sleep right at the edge of the bed and not fall off – even if you push her!) used to be afraid of what she referred to as the “Sesame Street door” because she believed that a huge Elmo is hiding behind that door (which incidentally was our bathroom door), waiting to ambush her and take her away. What an imagination! There’s no need to guess who she took after because I think it is me and you-know-who thinks it is him!

As the creeper slept at my feet yesterday, I could not get into a comfortable sleeping position. So during the time I was supposed to be asleep, in between kicks, I was finding a comfortable position to fall asleep. In the end, did I get much sleep? Noooooooooo. You don’t need a high IQ to get that answer right. But no sleep or the lack of it does not mean I can AWOL from work. So I dragged my feet and my turning-into-an-elephant’s-bum bum out to work, singing the songs that the seven little dwarves sang as they went to work, pretending to be happy and cheery.

So here I am – at my desk – pretending to be happy, pretending to be alert, pretending to be w-e-r-k-i-n-g with a kosong-ed brain in my head. I hope you wish me luck for the rest of the day and pray that the Tong Kosong Society doesn’t come after me tonight, or else there goes my sleep again! And thank you very much for taking the time to read this entry. Please come back again.

PS : If you happen to drink Teh kosong, kopi kosong, milo kosong or eat prata kosong, roti kosong or have a poket kosong, do spare a thought for me – your tong kosong friend. 8p

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lepakz ah luh minah. lekek gua baca sorang2 kat sini. apa suah jadik nari? lu pun tersampuk kah? *kekeke*

kita jumpa kejap lagi. ;)

peacehaslina said...

true..i dun laugh at ur tong kosong joke......but as i read on...haha i began to laugh..TQ for making my Wednesday morning not so Tong Kosong

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Tipah - Ah ah, tersampuk hantu tak-cukup tido! hehe. But today, I am fresh because I slept after isyak and managed to persuade the creeper to stay in her room. 8)

Haslina - It is a pleasure, my dear. May your days ahead be a pleasant one.

Anonymous said...

Knock Knock...Testing 1 2 3...
Test Test Test...

Just checking whether vessel empty balik at the end of the day ;^D

I also laugh at my own jokes lah. Nak let out stress katakan C{:^D

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Su, kita balik 5.30 on the dot lah...at 5.25 suma dah shutdown (Maklumlah, efficient worker. hehehe) so baru pagi ni nampak your comment. :)

Anonymous said...

read my blog..

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....maybe I pulak yg Tong Kosong. Input takde. Output (berleter) aje yg banyak..LOL.. B^P

Asha said...

Haha, this is a good one. Include me as well... normally, I'd fight out with my babies.. it's either me or she in bed.. I'm a selfish mommy at that. Haha.

Oh, and your pieces are always intellectual.. just not today only.

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Diana - Yup, I read your blog. So heart wrenching. I cannot imagine being in their position. 8(

Su - thank you for coming back. 8)

The woman - Sometimes, we have no other better choice but be selfish..heh. Sometimes, I end up being in their beds - at least I have the whole "small" bed to myself. 8)

Em said...

Ola

I think you need more sleep and pronto...

N you are not a tong kosong OK....