Friday, February 09, 2007

And Now There's 5....

Wow, time really flies when you are having fun. Has it been almost a month since my last entry? So much has happened in the past 3 weeks or so. Yet, so little time for me to write them all down. I have a baby to look after, 4 young children to tend to, a house to clean and of course, the beloved significant other to pamper. hehe. Sound like a good life, eh? Never better, I'd say....Seriously, even with the housework always in my mind - I think this is the best so called confinement I have had. Yes, I'd call it a confinement even though I don't abide by the confinement rules....I have the luxury of breaking all the rules as I am looking after myself - have been doing that since my firstborn anyway.

Anyway before I forget, I'd like to thank all the well wishers. Alhamdullilah, our little light of happiness decided to meet us in the early morning of 22 Jan 2007 (3 Muharram 1428). I don't think I'll forget the time of birth - 0234. Nice eh?

Yes, it is another girl - and she is so adorable, so beautiful, so perfect. And she looks like my better half - also nothing new. I guess he must have stronger genes than me. But - as we all know the baby's look usually change and now 2 of my children who used to look like their father when they were born, are looking like me. So no worries.

I wonder whether it is worth writing the birth story because I believe every mother will remember the birth of each of their children even without writing them down. It is a gift from Allah - each birth is so significant and so different that it remains in your memory for a long time. You will forget about the pain that you have gone through - you will just remember the feelings when you first see your newborn. I am sure all mothers reading this will be able to relate- that indescribable feeling of joy, excitement that pumps the adrenalin.

I have 5 different birth stories to tell - each one of them so unique. But there is one thing in common that I felt. Fear. Not during the actual labour but days before. No matter how many times you have given birth, you are bound to feel afraid. Afraid of what may go wrong. But it is also times like this that we put complete trust in Allah and I remembered praying and asking HIM to let me have a safe and easy delivery - Alhamdullilah, my little girl was delivered with only just one push and about less than 15 mins of pain.

I will not dwell on the birth story because I'd bore myself - have been telling it to those who came over and asked me about it. They say that I am a "pro" in the delivery department. Hehe.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

AlaMak! Sooooo miss u very much.
Confinement ada rules ke? B)
Congrats again...
Sori cant make it to your place :(
Pssst...kalau belum perasan, ni su47 ;)

spidey said...

And Now There's 5....

.....soon it will be 6

hehehe

madame blossom said...

gambar baby?

breaking all the confinement fules? me too. i think my MIL gave up on me in that area. =D

NoR said...

with kids in the AM sessions, it's kinda difficult to sneak out for a meet-up(s)..cos, afnn it's just hectic with kids around n classes to ferry.

sorry, i couldnt join the ladies to visit you the other days

u take care..and You Go Girl(s) !! :)

peacehaslina said...

alhadulillah...Tahniah kak

the woman said...

The more is always merrier. Masya Allah.

Congrats on your fifth baby girl BQ.

Anonymous said...

finally an update. yess, yess....nbr 6 coming yr way!!!!!!!

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Thanks ladies!

Su - I haven't had the time to visit your new blog but insya'allah will do so soon once I get the hang of this new routine.

Spidey & Pinkie - I wait for the 2 of you to catch up and get No 5. Bila kita dah even baru boleh cakap pasal no 6. hehe.

Blossom - Insya'allah will update at multiply. :)

Yara said...

Congrats on the new addition. Hmmm..just one day before my own b'day.

Aryna said...

So syiokkkkk got to romos your baby!!!!

Em said...

Salaams

Congrats on the new baby!

Mak Ngah said...

Blog awak pun kena maternity leave? Lama benar istirehat. Mak Ngah rindu coretan mu ;-*

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah... sorry sis. I thot nak jugak jengok you kat spital tu. Insya'Allah... kalau ada jodoh, kita sure to meet kan. I am currently active in http://nzfamily.multiply.com