Friday, July 16, 2004

So I am supposed to be in a crappy mood today....the word is "supposed to". Who says that you have to choose your TRUE mood...I choose crappy because I happen to like the toilet bowl image....something different.
 
I noticed (and, if you are not as blur as I am, you will too!) that my entries have been pretty serious. But once in a while we need a touch of comedy. A pinch of fun, a dab of silliness...Otherwise, the world will be a dreaded place to be in. As I flipped the newspapers today, looking for inspirations, I found no non-serious issues to talk about. The headlines are mostly serious stuff...situation in IRAQ, the state of our economy, the mental state of our people (yup, we are a pathetic lot, Singaporeans) and the ever depressing education system...

I wish I was still a child where the problems of the world was too far fetched for me to understand. I remembered in the 80's when the Iran & Iraq war was raging...I remembered seeing on the news; blood splattered walls..but I was too young to understand. Only when I grew older, I realised the horror of wars.
 
As a child, I would just withdraw into my world of fantasy, anytime I want. I love to imagine, to role play, to pretend...and I didn't need any enrichment classes to do that. I'd imagine all sorts of things. A warrior princess, more elegant that Xena. One of the Liliputans from Gulliver's Travels. I'd imagine that I live in the radio...where else can the sound come from if there's no little people talking and singing inside! And TV...how can you see people if there's no people in it? I remembered looking hard at the TV and radio when it's switched OFF..hoping that these little people would just appear and talk to me!
 
Once I pretended that I was a hairdresser...the result was an award winning haircut for my other 4 year old friend...Thankfully, her mom did not sue my mom for negligence, letting a 4 year old handle a pair of scissors. 
 
There's one thing I don't like imagining though, the helpless beautiful princess who lived in a tower, longing, whining, whiping her tears with her lacy handkerchief and waiting for her prince charming to rescue her....Sorry girls, I'd rather pretend to be wicked witch than to be this poor soul.
 
Oh, and my Prince Charming would wear glasses...just like Harry Porter. He would have to be a goody-two-shoes kind of guy. Looking back now, my prince charming looked more like a geek, a computer nerd with no pimples...*wink*   
 
Well, I wish life could just be as simple as it was then....*sigh*