Friday, July 02, 2004

WHO AM I? WHAT AM I DOING? No, I am not suffering from amnesia. Have you wondered...who you are? Are you doing what you are supposed to do?

Sometimes, I feel that as I go through life, I have lost a certain part of myself. The degree of uniqueness is no longer there. I work so hard NOT to be different BUT to comform. In wanting for others to accept us, we tend to have compromises here and there...we drop a little of ourselves somewhere along the line. Sometimes, the change make us GROW...sometimes, the change make us LOST.

Being accepted is such an essential part of our lifes. At times, I feel that being accepted is so so important that I lose track of who I am and the important things in my life. I have to backtrack, withdraw myself from the maddening crowd, from the rat race and step back to find my way back home. This journey is mentally and emotionally draining to me, at least.

My life here on earth is temporary. Each of us is given individual tasks or "amanah" that we have to fulfilled. We are not given eternity to carry out these tasks. We are only given a limited time,only Allah swt know how long. Life is so full of challenges that most times, we get distracted. The most important suddenly becomes the least important AND the most frivolous thing becomes our top priority.

For the past weeks, I have been temporary blinded by trivial issues which I thought was URGENT AND IMPORTANT. I was so caught up that I forget who I am and what I am doing. As things in my life begin to slowly settle down, it is time for me to pick up my slacks and do what a WOMAN got to do....get my priorities right.

No comments: