Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Wo....Did I lost track of time? Almost a week without any update.....SO UNLIKE ME! Anyway, I was lost in the time tunnel for a while. I had courses to attend, sports day to go to, children to look after and a house to clean. That's quite a handful...I tell you.

As our nation celebrates her 39th birthday, I was feeling a bit nostalgic. Basically, I felt a teeny weeny bit old. I am not saying that having reach that golden age of the BIG THREE is something not for you to look forward to....No, that's not what I mean. Being in my thirty's is indeed an awesome time. I know what my life priorities are, what I want out of my life. I have a clearer vision of how to achieve my objectives. Although, there are times when I would go astray but I will come back to my senses. I am more calm, more accepting, more accommodating, more patient....less rebellious.

It (the 'old' feeling) started a few weeks back when I went to Jurong Point for lunch. As I was making my way towards the Boon Lay Station, there was an endless avalanche of people. I was pushed back, to the left, to the right as I weaved my way through the gaps of the crowd. With all the calories of my lunch got burnt through the whole process, I finally reached the station.

Phew! What a ride! It was NEVER like this...10 years ago! Boon Lay MRT station was a quiet town then. Having spent 3 years of my life there in a "tempat jin bertendang", I knew Boon Lay (then) at the back of my hand. The only place that was kinda IN was Jurong Extension. I used to spend late nights (dinners) there. 13 years ago, when I first stepped into the ULU, ghost town Jalan Bahar, I never never imagined that NOW, it will be extremely busy...more BUSY than Bedok interchange. How much things changed during the last decade!

The 'old' feeling once again drummed into my mind when a few days ago, someone asked me...how long I had my driving licence. It would be easier if she had asked WHEN I got my licence. 1992 is the answer. So simple....Then I calculated and my gosh, it has been 12 years since I got it. The worst was to get a memorable look from the other person with her eyes almost popped out! Ya, ya, ya.....you don't have to rub it in, you know...It has been THAT LONG.

Looking back, I have achieved quite a lot the last decade. If I were to list them down, maybe I'll take more than 24 hours. I have changed as much as Boon Lay has ; from a ghost town to a hype town.

No comments: