Monday, February 14, 2005

I was watching "The Apprentice" the other day and someone mentioned that one of their team members was so insecure that it affected the performance of the team. She was trying hard to please others that she forgot her true objective. I remembered hearing things like that all the time when I was younger. I do not hear that so often now. Does it mean that older people are more secured or feel more secure?

I doubt it. Life is full of insecurities. Age does not cause one to be more secure. However, Faith does. Many things came to light when I was away from work. Many things I learn. This was one of them ; Have Faith and you WILL feel secured. Feeling secured means many things to me. It means being confident (NOT overconfident), feeling safe, at ease and the most important is having a peace of mind....knowing that at the end of the day, HE has given me the best.

There were many things in life that I took too seriously.It made me feel terribly insecure. My significant other always tell me, "You worry too much." I worry about what others think of me. I worry about people talking behind my back. I worry that people was going to backstab me at work. I worry that my boss was going to kick me out of the department. (Well, who doesn't worry about this right?) I worry about the family finances. I worry about my children's education. I worry about my house being in a mess. I even worry that people was going to say I was a BIG show-off if I wear a gold watch to work! I was worrying about practically everything under the sun. I realise that worry comes from being afraid...afraid that people don't like me, afraid to be labelled the black sheep, afraid of losing my job, afraid of the uncertainty. Don't you think it is ironic that we are afraid of uncertainties and YET life is full of uncertainties? So could being afraid of the uncertain mean being afraid of living? I don't know. Maybe.

Nowadays, I do worry a little. But, the days of my "useless" worries have gone by. There is no point in me being worried about what others think or what others are doing behind my back or what they plan to do to me. Simply because there is nothing I can do about it. What is most important is my intention, my objectives, my "niat" when I do something. Only Allah swt will know. So if something is not meant to be mine, be it money, job, friendship and et cetera, et cetera... then I will just accept it as it is because only HE, my CREATOR, my PROVIDER knows what is best for me. Doesn't FAITH makes life easier, simplier and secured?

Afternote: As a forgetful human-being, there may come a time when I forget about having faith, I hope I will be reminded.

No comments: