Monday, February 07, 2005

The Spirit & Me

Last Friday, I had an odd conversation with someone. Having been away from the office for a pretty long time, the first few days were spent trying to get my systems back in order. New passwords, new configuration and other stuff that would enable me to start work asap. Anyway, one of the technical staff was asked to come over to take on my case.

The guy was sitting in my office, going through the e-mail settings. I was sitting in another corner reading the newspaper, when suddenly he turned to me:

He : Do you or any member of your family keep jins?

Me : (thinking he was referring to denim jeans) Of course! We all wear jins.

He : (looking worried)

Me : Err... you mean demin jeans right?

He : No, I mean the spirit kind of jins.

Me : Of course not! Why are you asking that?

He : I feel something, sitting here on your chair. Like someone watching me.

Me : Really? Is it good or bad vibes?

He : Not good really. You pray here daily?

Me : Yes. Why?

He : I sense something coming from you. Some force. You must be religious.

Me: You're saying that because I wear like this (pointing to my tudung overall)

He : No, no. Some people wear like this also don't give out this kind of aura.

I just smiled. I found out later that he is a pagan. He worships the goddess of flame. And he believes that he is protected from evil spirits by his "bodyguards".

I thought that maybe he felt uneasy when he saw the Ayat Kursi and the Asma Ul-Husna that I have at my desk. I thought it was strange that he felt that way. Being the 1st one to arrive in my office, I hardly feel or see anything out of the ordinary. I think what the technical staff felt maybe typical of what the kafirs feel when they come over to our house or our office....what my nenek used to say....they feel ''panas". Allahu wa'lam.

No comments: