Friday, June 17, 2005

Sometimes, I just hate reading the newspaper. I couldn't help but shed a tear or two for the parents of the 5 year old boy who was shot point blank in yesterday's hijack drama in Vietnam. I just couldn't understand how such an inhumane act can be done by a human being. He was only a child who was just scared so he did what a normal child would do -cry. That costs him his life and he was shot dead by the terrorists.

How barbaric and cruel can a human be? To kill a child who cannot even defend himself? I just don't understand. To forcefully take a school of young children just to get what you want and endanger their lives, these criminals deserved NO PITY. It is no wonder that parents and villagers who were there attacked them so brutally that 2 of them died and only one survived. It is no surprise.

No adult in the right mind will do what these evil people did to those children. I wondered how afraid they were when they saw one of their playmates got shot. The nightmares and emotional trauma for these children must be terrible. Even an adult who saw someone die a violent death may need long term counselling. What about these children...so young, so innocent and yet their memories will be tarred by this act of evilness.

I wish I hadn't read the paper today. It makes my Friday so gloomy and sad. 8(

No comments: