Thursday, November 30, 2006

Where shall I begin....

I have no idea where to begin. It has been definitely a hectic week - packing for the hols, attending P1 orientation, buying textbooks...et cetera, et cetera.....I know those attending secular schools only start buying their textbooks in mid Dec but the madrasah starts early this year. It fits in well with our timetable so all the buying of textbooks and uniforms are done before we go on our holiday.

Just when I thought every thing is settled and I can go enjoy my holidays while shopping for baby stuffs - my helper had to announce that her hubby wanted her to return home latest by Christmas eve. And I had planned for her to stay on at least after I deliver. She is such a great help and even though I am so sad to let her go, I know it will always be family first. In her case, her family comes first so if they need her, we have to just let her go. So 24th Dec, she will leave us for good.

I haven't got a replacement yet because (i know this is wishful thinking) I am hoping that 2 or 3 months down the road, her hubby will change his mind and let her come back to work. But if he doesn't and this is highly probable, I have to get one - so if you, readers out there, know of a good, reliable, honest domestic helper who wish to change employer after the expiry of the contract, please tell.

So how am I going to cope - with my date due coming closer and without help? Run to my family support, of course. My mum and inlaws. As much as possible, I don't like to trouble them - I mean I feel bad but they are so willing to offer their help even without us asking. Never mind, they say. Don't worry, we are still around. Mak and Bak can look after the children. We can send food to your house everyday. Alhamdullilah - only Allah can repay their kindness.

There's so many arrangements that we have to make next year. Looks like, we may have to resume our old schedule until baby comes along. Oh by the way, if you have good local part-time helpers, please tell me. I may need their help to do the ironing and cleaning of the house when I am on no-pay maternity leave.

Now, I shall stop thinking what's going to happen when my helper goes back home. I just want to think of my holiday next week. So see you when I get back! 8)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know your itinary (sp)! *nyeh nyeh nyeh* intially, macam nak membontot (sebab kiter kan maiden voyage) pas tuh pikir2 balik, tak sedap pulak nak susah2kan you. tak per we'll venture out into the unknown dengan berbekalkan map, insyaa allaah. ;-)

have a good trip!

p/s: go holiday dulu lah, balik nanti leh worry. *heh*

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

your truly - Shhh, itu top secret. hehe Anyway, apasal tak cakap nak ikot? Kita boleh convoy. very fun, you know? The last time, we had a convoy of 4 or 5 cars - that was the trip we went from south to east to west coast. Best!

Anonymous said...

uwah! that would be so syiok man convoying to all those places! sure happening, right? insyaa allaah, ada jodoh and rezeki lebih next time, siapa tahu kita leh go togedder2 ikut awak *hehehe* (tak malu sey, self-invite!).

p/s: erm ... tapi kan keta kita tak power tau. tengah jalan if meragam, how? kesian nanti hold up the rest.

Anonymous said...

Sis, have a great holiday ok. Keep the problems at the back of your mind for now. It's good that your mum and in-laws are wiling to give you a hand, Alhamdulillah. I also feel blessed that my mum has always been there to care for all my 4 kids until today. She had done so even before staying permanently with us when we had only one child then.
I hope that you and hubby will be able to resolve your problems soon :)

Anonymous said...

belum balik lagi? tak nak update pasal holiday tu ke? our turn is next week, insyaAllah. :)

hope u n baby are fine.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed yourself with your family. So, can come back already?

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Assalamualaikum everyone!

Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I have come back. Alhamdullilah. We had a very pleasant and safe journey. Insya'allah will be updating real soon. 8)

Anonymous said...

wa`alaikum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

glad to know you're back home and it was nice to receive your tag (it was even nicer you guys were thinking of us *hee*)

am drumming fingers waiting for the anticipated updates!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home ! u know wat , my recent trip to the neighbouring land, i did go to masjid india area, but regreted didnt buy many of the tudungs...**sigh**

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Kuntum dear, tudung so very the cheap there! I bought tudungs for RM$6 only.....But never mind, besok masih ada hehehe so next time you go, must buy. LOL