Monday, December 18, 2006

Back Home....

The title is self-explanatory, I guess. Alhamdullilah, we reached home safely Sunday afternoon,10 Dec but we were back to JB and was there till Tuesday - so we can say that our vacation officially ended last Tuesday as I am now back at work.

It was an amazing holiday. The weather was great. Shopping was great. Everything went great. I was initially worried about the weather as I heard some people saying that it was raining in Genting and KL but alhamdullilah, it was clear blue sky when we were there.

I used to have something against KL but for the past 3 years, we go to KL at least twice a year and it has become my favourite holiday destination. KL is the place where I can shop till I drop, literally. In fact, I surprised myself this time round - I broke my personal record of 5 hours shopping at Jalan Masjid India. LOL. Not bad for a heavily pregnant lady, eh?

I had some friends wondering how could I still feel like travelling in my 3rd trimester. I was worried initially because I usually travel in my 2nd trimester. But my gynae gave me a clean bill of health. Alhamdullilah. She even wrote a short memo to say that I am fit for travel. Of course, she scared me a little by saying that if I were to bleed, I have to stay put in the hotel room. So I set off the journey with lots of doas and alhamdullilah, all went well.

But I still can't get enough of Malaysia - especially now the year-end sale is on. Everything. Everywhere. Cheap maternity clothes. Cheap baby clothes. I love it!

Anyway, it is time for me to get back to reality. I won't be going back to KL soon - the farthest I can go is JB, I guess. I still have to work out the new routine once the helper goes back on Christmas eve. I'll be on leave again the last week of 2006 - not to go on another holiday (how I wish I could) but to look after the children, cook and clean. How exciting.....

9 comments:

pinkiecutepie said...

Welcome back!!! My turn next..heeee!!! bukan utk pregnant, but utk ke KL. Miss u laa beb. biler nak jumper????

Yara said...

Alhamdulillah you're back safe and sound. I love KL too. Initially thought of going there again but since we already went there twice this year, we decided to go to Melaka instead (from 28 till 31 Dec).

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Pinkie - Bila nak jumpa eh? looks like only in Jan...maybe during one of my checkups at East Shore I give you a ring - then kita boleh meet up? Oh, have a safe journey! *hugs*

Yara - Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

salaam awak.

we went only for a couple of nights and already having a hard time adjusting to thenormal routine. i can't imagine how you cope after a week of fun! *kekekek*

ok lah tuh...maternity leave ley rilek sket, kan? take part-time help ker for temporary?

the woman said...

Any place away from singapore is good already. Wow, good to know you enjoyed yourself. Yes, back to reality in two weeks? School! I don't know why, whether the kids dread school or not, I very much do. Don't ask me why, I just do!

Welcome back sis.

Saudari Lee said...

it has been ages since i last stepped into KL. i miss that place terribly and yes, with all the sale that is going on, i feel so sore!

but im glad you enjoyed yourself very much and to spend 5hours at msjid india alone to shop, wah, very the good, i tell you. i can't beat your record.

i speed shop and will normally take less than 2 hours!

take care okies!

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Yours truly - Talking about part time helper, you have any to recommend? I have become a very spoilt wife - after just a couple of years of not having to lift a finger to do housework, I now dread the thought of having to do it all over again once my helper goes back. hur hur hur.

Sal - I also don't like school but don't tell the kids.heh. I think we, parents are more stressed during school term. 8p

Ladylee - I am the belek-belek shopper. I will look-look, compare-compare, look at the quality, look at the colour, try it on (many-many times) and when satisfied baru beli. hehe. Orang kata cerewet lah tu. LOL. So for cerewet people like me, 2 jam shopping tak cukup. 5 jam pun macam tak cukup. hehehe.

pinkiecutepie said...

sotong...er, i miss calling you this nick laa. u try firstcare or a team amah....got good recommendation. am using firstcare now baru 1st week. $10 an hour.

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Pinkie - tema kasih..for the contact.8)

Lizanoor - have a pleasant trip! 8)