Thursday, December 21, 2006

Last Entry for 2006.....Perhaps

Maybe. This will be my last entry for 2006. I am not sure but maybe just maybe.

Tomorrow will be my last day at work - for the year, that is. The past few days had been hectic but fruitful as I got a lot of things done. Projects for the year are finally completed so I have met my target for the year. Today and tomorrow shall be spent on reading materials - quoting my boss "to catch up with the industry's development" blah blah blah. If only, the industry that I am in is not so dry and has so many standards to keep up with.

Oh, I am not into IT, by the way. Sometimes, I wonder how on earth did I get into this line. When I was younger, I had never envisioned myself doing accounts or audit work but here I am, for the past decade doing just that. To think that I got a D for my Financial Accounting in Uni and an A in Marketing. I should be in marketing line, eh?

But then again, I do enjoy my work because I get to be the appointed "kaypo" and go through other people's darkest working secret and write long, long reports condemning other people's work...haha. No wonder, many cannot tahan auditors.

There I go rambling again. What to do? A pregnant woman loses many brain cells during pregnancy so I have valid reasons to ramble. Hmm, let me get back on tracks.....on a more serious note.

So far, 2006 has its fair share of ups and downs for me and the family. It has been a year where we experience many "sudden" changes in plan. We learnt a lot from the new things that we did. We discovered our strength and also our weaknesses. On the whole, 2006 made us stronger. Alhamdullilah. It is also the year that marks our 10th year together as a family. So much has changed since then - from just being 2 of us to now going to be 7 of us.

2006 has significant note to me as an individual, humble servant to Allah swt. I saw so much positive improvements in people that I really care. I had waited and prayed for it for as long as I remembered. And Alhamdullilah, my prayers are answered. In 2006, Allah made me see that there is nothing to lose in being patient. Allah made me realise that we should never give up hope on others. The best way to change others is to change ourselves, first. And insya'allah, others will change in our favour. It will take time but it will happen, insya'allah. In 2006, Allah showed me that HE will provide solutions to our problems in the best manner - sometimes, the solution is so simple that it even surprises us.

For all life lessons that Allah has taught me.... Alhamdullilah, Thank you Allah for a wonderful and insightful 2006.

PS : I'll most probably don't have time to blog or visit your blogs next week so I am wishing all readers "Happy New Year" and may you have a blessed year in 2007. 8)

5 comments:

the woman said...

Insya allah, you too have a good year ahead and take good care.

ps: Shall await news of your child birth.

Anonymous said...

nooooooooooooooooooo!!! i shall have withdrawal syndrom from NOT reading your blog!!!! uwaaaaaaaaaaaahhh .... *sobs hard*

since we are so near, can i go visit you then to lepaskan rindoo? :(

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Sal - the baby is due end of Jan 2007. Insya'allah. :)

Tipah - alah, tipah cayang, hehe. I have tendency to make many u-turns so don't be surprise if I make an update after this before the year ends. And of course, you are most welcome to come over. :)

To all Muslim readers, I forgot to wish a Blessed Eid-ul Adha in advance. :)

Yara said...

I am also in the same boat BQ. I majored in English but am in Marketing for the past 11 years. Not sure how I ended up here but Alhamdulillah that I like my job.

A blessed Eid-ul Adha to you and your family too BQ. And here's wishing you a blessed 2007 with the arrival of the little one, InsyaAllah.

Aryna said...

Salam BQ, dah lama tak jenguk sini.

May you have a smooth delivery of your baby.....