Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just some thoughts....

Ever since I got pregnant sometime last May, I lost all mood to write. I was going through some of my previous writings and honestly, I am pleasantly surprised by the varying topics that I had touched on. I realised that I write best when I am troubled by a certain issue and it touched me deeply. And as the troubles waned away, the inspiration just get drifted along.

It is not to say that I don't have any life challenges currently. I do. No one in this world is trouble free. And if anyone out there were to think that they are all alone facing all the problems in the world. I am "pleased" to tell them that they are not alone. Everyone has his own set of problems. Sometimes big. Sometimes small. That is the purpose of our life on this world - our test is how we cope or handle the problems that we face.

If I were to write a list of all the problems or worries that I have, I think it will be too long for anyone to read. Sometimes, even before something becomes a problem - we already foresee it as a problem. We make our heart aches, our brain hurts just thinking, pondering, wondering about a future problem that may or may not even happen. I do this all the time. I am quite sure there are many others out there just like me. We think too much into the future.

I know that I am not supposed to think too much into the future. I know that I am supposed to do my best NOW, at this present point in time and then leave it to Allah to handle the future. But being humans (the best excuse I have), it is easier said than done. I remind myself constantly about this. Allah will provide the best for me. Allah knows best and yet, time and time again - I worry. Am I doing it right? What if anything goes wrong?

A wise person once told me,"Before you do anything, ask your conscious. Why are you doing it? Is it good? Do you feel right? If your conscious is clear and you are doing something good, for the sake of Allah, go on do it. Then tawakal. Leave it to Allah to handle the rest. It may not be smooth sailing. There will be challenges ahead but once you accept that the decision was guided by Allah, you will be more patient and more at peace. Insya'allah."

I love that wise person. Allah had planted the inspiration to give me with such priceless advice. Alhamdullilah.

To realise that I cannot solve my problems alone and to know that I need my Creator, to intervene and help me solve my problems is a very humbling experience. I am just HIS servant answers the basic question of "Who am I?" and "What I am here for?".

As I am writing and reading what I just wrote, I am reminded that the problems that I face every day and sometimes they remained unresolved for a very long time, are actually blessings in disguise. These life challenges make me always remember ALLAH, make me always in NEED of HIS help, make me always want to whisper and talk to HIM.

And as I do this often, every single moment, hoping and praying that Allah solves my problems in the best possible manner - reciting Rabbi Yassir Wa la tu'assir - I get closer and closer to Allah. And so instead of sighing and asking Why are these unpleasant encounters happening to me - I say Alhamdullilah - Thank you Allah for giving me this very opportunity to remember you and be close to you.

And I know that Allah will solve my problems for me because only HE handles all my affairs. Thank you Allah for making me remember this.

12 comments:

spidey said...

isn't it wonderful how Allah gives us problems so that in desperation we will seek His help? at the same time, we become more devoted to Him, insya Allah.

thank-you Allah for allowing us to remember You thru happiness & sadness :)

Sue said...

Every step we make,
To Allah we will take.
For every morning that we wake;
Is to be a better servant for His sake.

c{:^)

pinkieuctepie said...

as usual laa my sotong....when i'm down, i come here & your words give me strength to move on.

NoR said...

my sentiment exactly !
u said it all...life is indeed no bed of roses ! :)

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Spidey - That is the beauty of Islam. Full of hope. 8)

Mona - Of course, I remember you.

Mina Celoteh - Nice poem.8)

Pinkie - *Big Hug*

Nor - Yup But It is also Not a bed of thorns. 8)

Mak Ngah said...

Itu hari Mak Ngah kasi comment tak keluar, hopefully, this time ada. Segala ilham yg diberi adalah utk kebaikan dan segala ujian yg diberi adalah utk kesabaran. :-))

Anonymous said...

salaam orang jauh =)

your 1st paragraph described me. i write best when troubled. other than that, the words just refuse to flow. ;-)

and reading the rest of your post, i can only say i concur. you expressed it more eloquently. i usually hem and haw. *heh*

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Mak ngah, blogger selalu cam tu. Kadang2, I just give up. & I really like what you wrote. 8)

Salam orang jauh 2.*wave by the window* 8).

ファリダー said...

salam sis, how are u?

you know sis, I too have this habit of thinking too much into the future.

The problem will be a problem to me...even when its not yet a problem...you know what i mean.

Blur Queen aka BQ said...

Assalmualaikum to my sis my-boudoir, I am fine alhamdullilah. Haven't been blogging as often as I used to. Thanks for dropping by. 8)

madame blossom said...

hi :)
masih takde mood ke? how's the little one?

Maya said...

you are what you are. it helps to have partners or close companion that's opposite, so that their views can help to leverage your worries and see things on diff perspective.